NAPATITIG AKO DITO
NAPATITIG AKO DITO
1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don’t feel like it, don’t go. Don’t ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay to not know. Everyone always despises the phrase, “I don’t know” but no one tells you that it is okay to not know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don’t tear down, they build up.
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don’t like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, “I don’t think I can” or “But what if I am not able to?” and give yourself a chance. This may be cliche, but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won’t work the same and you won’t have the best memory, and you are going to wish you’d given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don’t be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make “the one” matter less. Don’t fall into that idea that your first love has to be your best love. Fall in love as many times as it naturally happens.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first kisses, first dates, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane - first times were made to be imperfect. Just because it’s messy and all over the place, doesn’t mean it can’t be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. “Fat” is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body type isn’t beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren’t happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do - make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing.
Di ko maimagine na yung ibang kakilala ko ay wala na. Hindi nag sisink-in sakin na mangyayari sa kanila yun.
Galing ako ng tacloban, at di ko maimagine ang itsura ng hometown ko. Nakaka-iyak makita yung lugar na yun.
Mga patay nasa paligid, naka-helera. Mga malabundok na basura at mabaho, mga sirang bahay, yung mga itsura ng mga tao na makakasalubong, mga tumbang poste at puno, yung mga kalbong bukid at yung mga kaibigan ko na nawalan ng isang kaanak. Kada nadadadagdagan ako ng contact sa mga kaibigan ko, nadadadagdagan din ako ng mga kakilalang nawawala. Mas lalong gusto kong umiyak dahil sa mga kwentong nila nung pinagdaanan nung bagyo, yung gano kalalim yung baha pero relieved din ako ng malaman kong okay lang sila.
Lahat ng seaside washout, yung ibang nasa mountain side ng evacuate malapit sa dagat kasi takot sa landslide. Walang may nageexpect na yung tubig ay hanggang dalawang palapag na bahay o mahigit pa. Tapos may mga alon pang matataas. Walang may nageecpect nun kasi never nangyari dun sa amin, never binabaha yung tacloban. Kahit sa downtown area lagpas tao.
Naiiyak ako sa mga post sa facebook, kinikwento yung mapanindig balahibong experience, mga namatay na tao. Mas lalong ayoko nang bumalik sa lugar na yun. Nakakaiyak yung kwento ng mga pinsan ko, talagang pan 2nd life na talaga.
Walang takas dun, kahit san mapunta delikado. Pag umaga, maghahanap ng pagkain, agawan, stampede. Tapos pag lumulubog na yung araw, yung mga tao naman sa lahat ng mountan side naka-alarma na kasi may nanhihimasok sa bahay. Nag-uso yung rape at pagpatay. Mga NPA at mga nakatakas na preso. Hindi uso matulog samin pag gabi. Di makapanipaniwalang nabalik ang Martial Law.
We need your prayers. Para sa mga taong namatay at namatayan. Na mabigyan ng strength at hope na makapag simula ng panibago. Kahit Prayers na lang po ang hinihingi ko sa inyo. Salamat.